“Studies indicate that the one quality all successful people have is persistence. They’re willing to spend more time accomplishing a task and to persevere in the face of many difficult odds. There’s a very positive relationship between people’s ability to accomplish any task and the time they’re willing to spend on it.”
— Dr. Joyce Brothers.
Hate is a dead thing. Who of you would be a tomb? –Kahlil Gibran, poet and artist (1883-1931)
- Kahlil Gibran, On Progress (kathrynrubidoux.wordpress.com)
- Children by Kahlil Gibran (sapphonian.wordpress.com)
- Marriage ~ A Poem by Kahlil Gibran (milenanik3.wordpress.com)
- Kahlil Gibran (crystalmoons.wordpress.com)
- Children by Kahlil Gibran (blessedlywoman.wordpress.com)
- Kahlil Gibran, on children (ns2gs.wordpress.com)
- Beauty and Ugliness (ideadevv.wordpress.com)0lm
“We all wish to be judged by our peers, by the men ‘after our own heart.’ Only they really know our mind and only they judge it by standards we fully acknowledge. Theirs is the praise we really covet and the blame we really dread. The little pockets of early Chrstians survived because they cared exclusively for the love of ‘the bretheren’ and stopped their ears to the opinion of the Pagan society around them. But a circle of criminals, cranks, or perverts survives in just the same way; by becoming deaf to the opinion of the outer world, by discounting it as the chatter of outsiders who ‘don’t understand,’ of the ‘conventional,’ the ‘bourgeois,’ the ‘Establishment,’ of prigs, prudes, and humbugs. ”
—C S Lewis.
“While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” Angela Schwindt; Chicken Soup for the Soul: Indian Teachers