“Human diversity makes tolerance more than a virtue; it makes it a requirement for survival.”
“Poetry, beauty, romance, love… these are what we stay alive for.”
The greatest discovery of our generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. As you think, so shall you be.
- William James (undergraduateangst.wordpress.com)
- William James on Walt Whitman: “He Is Aware Enough of Sin for a Swagger to Be Present in His Indifference Towards It” (biblioklept.org)
- William James on Religious Experience and Philosophy (footnotes2plato.com)
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the world.
In all affairs it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.
– Bertrand Russell.
- The Value of Philosophy by Bertrand Russell (belladeluna.wordpress.com)
- On Intuitive Knowledge by Bertrand Russell (belladeluna.wordpress.com)
- A Few Minutes with Bertrand Russell (laf.ee)
- Three Passions of Bertrand Russell (and a Collection of Free Texts) (downes.ca)
- Bertrand Russell On God (wcward57.wordpress.com)
- Vagueness by Bertrand Russell (belladeluna.wordpress.com)