“Each runner’s capacity to absorb hard training is different. Find your own unique level of comfort and success will be yours.”
~Hal Higdon, author and contributing editor for Runner’s World.
“For me, running is a lifestyle and an art. I’m more interested in the magic of it than the mechanics.”
~Lorraine Moller, Four-time New Zealand Olympian.
The human body is capable of amazing physical deeds. If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless.
- Monday Meditation: The power of running(runbreathebe.wordpress.com)
- Causes of Body Odor You Don’t Expect(belmarrahealth.com)
- Ryan Hall: ‘I’m Kind Of In Shock’ (sbnation.com)
- Ryan Hall and I go way back (hoagiestyle.wordpress.com)
- Olympics: Stanford’s Ryan Hall drops out of marathon with injury (mercurynews.com)
- Olympic Marathon: Ryan Hall, Meb Keflezighi Face Challenging Kenyan, Ethiopian Teams (sbnation.com)
- Ryan Hall Pulled Up Lame In The Men’s Marathon [Video] (deadspin.com)
Truly, I love running. It’s who I am. It’s a part of me. Even if I can only run for 10 minutes, I feel whole and happy. And if everything else is falling to pieces, I go for a run, and I feel like things are going to be okay.
Johanna Olson, Olympic Marathon Trials runner who died of brain cancer at the age of 33
- Olympic Marathon Trials Runner Johanna Olson Dies of Brain Cancer(christostriathlon1.wordpress.com)
- Luther College’s Johanna Olson Looses Her Battle With Cancer(nextleveliowa.wordpress.com)
Even when you have gone as far as you can, and everything hurts, and you are staring at the specter of self-doubt, you can find a bit more strength deep inside you, if you look closely enough.
Hal Higdon, runner and author
- Starting a new plan (wonderingsofatwentysomething.wordpress.com)
- Should you drink if you’re training for a race? (cnn.com)
- Good vs. Crappy Runs (specializingintheimpossible.wordpress.com)
- Runnin’ Runnin’ (carrieonwards.wordpress.com)
- Training Runs: Going the Distance (leahrolson.com)
- Wholehearted training for Women’s half marathon (minndixiemom.wordpress.com)
- Wake Up & Run: The 5 A.M. Alarm’s Half Marathon Training Program, Part I (the5amalarm.wordpress.com)
- Training Gear Must Haves (strawberryfreckleface.com)