“There is no disguise that can for long conceal love where it exists or simulate it where it does not.”
-Francois, duc de La Rochefoucauld, aphorist (1613-1680).
“Procrastination is opportunity’s assassin. ”
- How Not To Procrastinate (alltopstartups.com)
- You Choose Your Destiny (thisgypsyheart.wordpress.com)
- Overcoming Procrastination (councilblogs.wordpress.com)
- Stop Procrastinating Now. Here’s How (inc.com)
- Overcoming Procrastination (thepersistentassistant.wordpress.com)
- Procrastination on opportunities (slideshare.net)
- Five Great Things About Procrastination (nuelblogs.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Procrastinating Cities (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Get To Work By Meeting Procrastination Head-On (fastcompany.com)
“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”
“There are two kinds of truth: the truth that lights the way and the truth that warms the heart. The first of these is science, and the second is art. Neither is independent of the other or more important than the other. Without art science would be as useless as a pair of high forceps in the hands of a plumber. Without science art would become a crude mess of folklore and emotional quackery. The truth of art keeps science from becoming inhuman, and the truth of science keeps art from becoming ridiculous.”
—Raymond Thornton Chandler, writer (1888-1959).
“Let your love be stronger than your hate or anger. Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than to break.” ~H.G. Wells, quoted in “Happily Ever After.”
“The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.” ~John E. Southard, quoted in “Older & Wiser”
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ~Martin Luther King, Jr., quoted in “Older & Wiser”
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” ~Helen Keller
“The leadership instinct you are born with is the backbone. You develop the funny bone and the wishbone to go with it.”
– Elaine Agather.
Quotations are useful in periods of ignorance or obscurantist beliefs.
Guy Debord (b. 1931), French situationist philosopher. Panegyric, vol. 1, pt. 1 (1989).