“Each runner’s capacity to absorb hard training is different. Find your own unique level of comfort and success will be yours.”
~Hal Higdon, author and contributing editor for Runner’s World.
As you know there are many reasons why I run, but perhaps one of the finest is the community that running manifests. Celebrate your community, any chance you get
Kristin Armstrong, South Meets West, Mile Markers blog, Runner’s World.com
I ran solo for 1.5 hours in the mist and it felt like ten minutes. I thought. I prayed. I breathed. The fog outside did not clear, but the fog inside certainly did.
Kristin Armstrong, Mile Markers blog, Runner’s World.com
- Fog disrupts flights at Heathrow (confused.com)
- I will (linusfernandes.com)
- Kristin Armstrong Celebration Set For Saturday (boiseweekly.com)
- Clear the Brain Fog of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (everydayhealth.com)
- Olympic Inspiration: Kristin Armstrong (blogs.wsj.com)
- Inside the Fog (sopranoascending.wordpress.com)
- The Fog: It Hides… (evilnymphstuff.wordpress.com)
- Boise and Idaho Celebrate Kristin Armstrong Day (boiseweekly.com)
- Kristin Armstrong wins cycling gold, celebrates with adorable son (stltoday.com)
- Kristin Armstong Wins Second Olympic Gold (boiseweekly.com)
Winning is not about headlines and hardware [medals]. It’s only about attitude. A winner is a person who goes out today and every day and attempts to be the best runner and best person he can be. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up.
- Racers Settling for a Personal Best (blogs.wsj.com)
- 11 marathon nutrition and hydration tips (boston.com)
- Avoiding an Injury When Training for a Marathon (massageenvy.com)
- The Accidental Athlete: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Middle Age, John “the Penguin” Bingham (booksjadore.wordpress.com)
I just go out there and feel like, ‘This is hard, but this is great.’ I just feel so incredibly alive. And I feel healthy and inspired when I run a race, even if it’s not my best day.
Tina Ingegneri, Runner’s World Challenger of the Week
- Sarah Bowen Shea-Runner’s World (jour5580sp12suggs.wordpress.com)
- Am I a runner? (sarabozich.com)
- Carb Loading (hoagiestyle.wordpress.com)
- 7 Tips for Preparing for a Marathon (Oscar Movie Marathon, that is!) (jillarcherauthor.wordpress.com)
- Don’t You Just Love It? (rundedeauxrun.com)